Firstly, I would like to say that I was very much overwhelmed by the kind messages and comments on my first instalment on my ‘Use it Up’ post. It’s so refreshing to see the support from so many of you, it truly touched me. Thank you all so much for continuing to read and support my little blog, it genuinely means a lot to me! From the silent viewers to the regular commenters, I appreciate every single one of you.
If you did not read my first post please feel free to have a read, you can find it on my drop down menu in my December archives. There it will explain exactly what this project entails and my hopes for it. I have to say I’m pretty impressed with myself, I managed to use up all of the products on my list alongside several additional other items. I’m making a conscious effort to log every single product I’ve used so that I can mention it here, as it is so easy to forget how much progress you’ve made until you see a visual list. Here’s my progress from last month;
Set list of January use it up products;
- Mini LUSH ‘Snow Fairy’ shower gel: Surprisingly, this product took longer to use up than what I first thought. My final drop was used on the 7th January after using it religiously everyday. A little definitely goes a long way!
- The Body Shop ‘Moringa’ shower gel: In fairness, I only had a small amount of this product left, I suppose having it here is a bit of a cheat but never mind.
- The Body Shop ‘Mango’ body butter: This was already relatively used once I started the project so I found it pretty quick to use up, ensuring that I make a conscious effort to moisturise my body was great, I’ve never had such soft skin! This product was finally used up on the 4th January.
- L’Oreal ‘Elvive’ hair conditioner: I use hair conditioner pretty much every day as I have incredibly dry curly hair which needs constant moisture added to it. I loved this scent and the way it made my hair feel, I therefore used it up rather rapidly and was completely finished by the 9th January.
- Yankee Candle ‘Honey Clementine’ candle: I only had a little bit of this product left when I posted the first blog post. I ended up keeping this candle alight for most of the day and it finally burnt out on the 29th December.
- The Body Shop ‘Vanilla and Tonka Bean’ candle: I had quite a bit of this product to use up, thankfully I got there in the end. I used this up on the 1st January through the continuous burning following Christmas. I decided to keep the jar to use to burn up random extra candles without
- Hollister ‘Crescent Bay’ body spray: I sprayed this product religiously every day before I left the house for work. I always find that with body sprays they never appear to disappear unless you made a conscious effort to use them quite abundantly every day. I have a feeling that these types of products will be difficult to make progress with.
Additional Products Used Up:
- Mini Yankee Candle in ‘Festive Cocktail’
- Lush ‘Never mind the ballistics’ bath bombs x2
- Mini Yankee Candle in ‘Macaroon Treats’
- L’Oreal Paris ‘Studio Silk and Gloss: Hot Straight Cream’
- Mini Yankee Candle in ‘Relaxing Rituals: Spearmint’
- Mini Yankee Candle in ‘Relaxing Rituals: Mandarin’
- Revlon photo ready powder
- Lush ‘Golden Wonder’ bath bomb
- Lush ‘Sex Bomb’ bath bomb
- Lush ‘Shoot for the Stars’ bath bomb
- Body Shop Clarifying Seaweed Toner
This brings my current total of empty products this year to 19! I have to say I’m very impressed however there is still a significant way to go… This month I want to focus on using up the following, however it will be difficult as a lot of these products have hardly been used. I don’t mind if I don’t completely finish them however, as long as I make progress in using some of these products up, I will be more than happy.
February 2017 use it up product list;
Victoria Secret Vanilla Lace body moisturiser.
I have many Victoria Secret products as my brother brought me back three large VS carrier bags full of products, sprays and items when he finally returned home from New York last Spring. I absolutely adore VS products and my skin absolutely loves their formulas, their scents are also lovely. I adore this product, so it will be relatively easy for me to use up. I don’t have any further ones in this particular scent to use so I will be sad when it does eventually run out especially as I know that this year I can’t go and buy a replacement until I have used all of my other moisturisers….
Victoria Secret Sheer Love body spray.
Yankee Candle in scent ‘Tarte Tatin’
The Spring months are looming ever closer, I don’t really want to store away any winter candles in preparation for bringing my Spring ones out of hibernation. With 1/4 of a jar left I’m sure I’ll be able to completely finish this candle this month.
Three Lush bath bombs.
As many of you know, I adore LUSH and I have a wide range of bath bombs, melts and shower gels, so using up three of them shouldn’t be an issue.
Lush Twilight shower gel.
I’ve been using this product a little bit every morning, I adore the soft lavender and vanilla scent, although it makes me feel sleepy I find that it massively helps with my anxiety in the mornings, making me feel fresh and prepared for the day ahead. Although I don’t want to completely use this product up, I’m making stead progress with it, this is good enough for me.
Body Shop Mango shower gel
I’m pretty confident that I can finish this product by the end of February. This scent is familiar and I can get through body shop shower gels pretty quick as they do require a lot of product in order to lather well on a sponge / loofa.
The Body Shop Seaweed clarifying cleanser and toner.
The Body Shop seaweed cleansers and toners are my absolute go to, I’ve been using these products for around 2/3 years. I always purchase a few when the Body Shop do their 40% off deal. I therefore have far too many of these lying around and need to start using them more frequently and less sparingly.
I’d love it if you join me on my journey, use the hashtag; #UseItWithLottie so I can find you and track your progress also. I hope we all have a productive February and I’m excited to see how much I can shrink my stash. What products do you need to use up this month? Comment below, I’d be interested to know.
With love, Lottie.